Slovenian-French Interlingual Communication I

Credit points: 6
Contact hours: 90
Type: V

Course Description

Objectives and competences

  • High-level cultural and linguistic skills in using French and Slovene, and in French and Slovene culture.
  • Ability in comprehension and contrastive analysis of French and Slovene texts.
  • Ability to use of linguistic resources and other aids useful for professional work.
  • Ability to edit and form texts in accordance with specific conventions of French.
  • Learning about different text types and their characteristics, including register and specific rules governing individual discourses.
  • Learning about the basic principles of translating short texts of different text types in French that the students will encounter in their work.

Content (syllabus outline)

The course is divided into the following two units:

  1. a) Interlingual mediation (French)
  2. b) French text formation

 

  1. Written and oral analysis, summary and paraphrase of short French and Slovene texts of a general nature. Comparison of the original and the translated text, and the differences between translations by various authors. Writing summaries in Slovene on the basis of French texts. Learning about the techniques of “penetrating” texts, analyzing, and summarizing. Writing short compositions in Slovene and French on the basis of a model, and summary and analysis with an emphasis on the proper use of Slovene and French. Free composition. Learning about the specifics of French syntax in comparison with Slovene.  

Readings

Slovarji v elektronski ali natisnjeni obliki:

Obvezni:

  1. 1. Bajec, A. et al., ur. 1970-1985. Slovar slovenskega knjižnega jezika I-IV. Ljubljana: DZS.
  2. 2. Le Petit RobertDictionnaire de la langue française, Pariz: Dictionnaire Le Robert, 1991.
  3. 3. Grad A. 1990. Francosko-slovenski moderni slovar, Ljubljana : DZS
  4. 4. Jesenik V., Dembskij N. 2001. Slovensko-francoski slovar, Ljubljana : DZS
  5. 5. Trésor de la langue française en ligne (http:atilf.atilf.)


Priporočljivi:

  1. 6. Genouvrier,E., Désiral,C., Hordé, T. Nouveau dictionnaire des synonymes. Paris : Larousse
  2. 7. Dictionnaire des synonymes et contraires, H. Bertaud du Chazaud, Ed. Les Usuels du Robert
  3. 8. Le Grand Robert: Dictionnaire alphabétique et analogique de la langue française, Pariz: Société du Nouveau Littré, 1953-1964, dodatek 1970
  4. 9. Grand dictionnaire encyclopédique Larousse, Pariz: Larousse, 1982-198
  1. Druga priporočljiva literatura: enciklopedije, leksikoni, terminološki slovarji (npr. filozofija, literarna teorija), angleško-francoski dvojezični slovarji.

Prerequisites

  1. Enrollment in the first year of Interlingual Communication. 

Assessment

  • Interlingual communication: students are required to do translations and seminars for homework or at school as tests (40 % of the final grade); the remaining 60% of the grade is obtained in an examination – 50 % of the final grade.
  • French Text Formation: homework or tests (40 % of the final grade); the remaining 60% of the grade is obtained in an examination – 50 % of the final grade.
  1. Forms of marking: 6-10 or A-E (positive grade), 1-5 or F (negative grade). The assessment is in line with the Statute of the University of Ljubljana and the examination regulations of the Faculty of Arts.